Mapelastic AquaDefense is a premixed, advanced liquid-rubber, extremely quick-drying waterproofing and crack-isolation membrane for installation under ceramic tile or stone in residential, commercial and industrial environments. Mapelastic AquaDefense provides a thin, continuous barrier to protect adjacent rooms and floors below from water damage. For common problem areas like coves, corners, cracks and drains, it can be combined with MAPEI’s optional Reinforcing Fabric or Mapeband™ accessories (cove roll and drain flash) to provide additional protection. Mapelastic AquaDefense dries after about 30 to 50 minutes and is then ready to receive any MAPEI polymer or epoxy mortar. Mapelastic AquaDefense can be flood-tested after 12 hours of drying time, is IAPMO-listed for use as a shower-pan liner, and exceeds ANSI A118.10 and ANSI A118.12 standards.
Features and Benefits
- Very quick drying: Install tile after 30 to 50 minutes of drying time.
- Time-saving: Flood-test as shower-pan liner after 12 hours of drying time.
- Apply with roller or brush – easy to install over flat, curved or irregular surfaces.
- Bonds to a wide range of surfaces; convenient, user-friendly and versatile
- No odor; great for confined spaces.
- Prevents in-plane floor cracks from transmitting through tile or stone.